Premier Ford announced today that, as of Monday, November
23rd at 12:01 am, Waterloo Region will be moving into the Red - Control category.
We do not know how long we will be in this
category, however we expect it to be at least 28 days (2 COVID-19 cycles of 14 days).
This category does bring changes to how we are able to
provide our programs. The key changes are:
- Limit of 10 people per ice pad (this number includes coaches and players)
- 1 parent/guardian per under age 18 participant is permitted, and is not included in the 10 participant number.
- No siblings will be allowed entrance into the facility.
- No dressing room usage.
- No scrimmages or games permitted.
- Only skills and drills training is permitted.
- No contact permitted in team sports.
- Names and contact information of all participants need to be recorded and kept for a minimum of 30 days.
We have been working with the Township of Woolwich to develop our plans for keeping Woolwich Wild players on the ice as safely as possible. Programming scheduled for this weekend will continue as indicated on our website calendar.
Effective Monday, November 23rd, 2020, the following programming will be put in place:
- All programming will be changed to smaller practices – max. 8 players and 2 staff per ice time.
- Players will be assigned to small practice groups.
- U7 Training Group – practice groups will have 6 players to allow for more on-ice staff to maintain a better staff to player ratio.
- U9 Training Groups – each U9 Training Group will be split into two practice groups.
- U11 – U18 Training Groups – there will be some players that will move up into the next colour Training Group so we can divide the Training Groups into small practice groups.
- Each Training Group will then be split into small practice groups.
- Coaches will let players know who will be assigned to which practice group.
- U11 Blue – 3 practice groups; U11 Red – 2 practice groups; U11 White – 1 practice group
- U13 Blue – 3 practice groups; U13 Red – 2 practice groups; U13 White – 1 practice group
- U15 Blue – 2 practice groups; U15 Red – 2 practice groups; U15 Orange – 1 practice group
- U18 Blue – 2 practice groups; U18 Red – 2 practice groups; U18 White – 2 practice group; U18 Orange – 1 practice group
- The schedule will be updated to show practices for each Training Group. The practice will show Group 1, Group 2, etc. in the notes.
- Each practice group will have a minimum of one practice per week.
- Extra ice that is available will gradually be rotated through the rep practice groups who have all paid a rep fee for extra ice.
Resumption of Modified Game Play
We plan to resume modified game play as soon as we are permitted to do so.
Fees and Refunds
There will be no monetary refunds at this time; adjustments (if any are needed) will be taken into account as we look at Session 3 fees.
Session 3 Plans
We are currently discussing plans for Session #3 which will start in January. Once those plans are finalized, we will update you with that information.
We know how difficult 2020 has been for everyone. It has required changes to many things in our everyday lives. Woolwich Wild players have done remarkably well. This is in large part to the leadership and creativity of your coaches who have done their best to keep you learning and having fun and to you, as players and families, for complying with Public Health guidelines, Woolwich Wild protocols and the ever changing opportunities for being on the ice. Thank you.
Please continue to wear your mask, wash your hands frequently, social distance and keep to your bubbles
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.