On behalf of the Board of Directors of Woolwich Wild,
Woolwich Girls Minor Hockey has made every attempt to create a positive, healthy, and fun environment for everyone to play hockey for Woolwich. The mental, physical and emotional health of our players, coaching staff, support staff and volunteers is our primary focus.
We want to keep our players / members safe and on the ice. The ever-changing COVID-19 situation is weighing on everyone. The efforts made to date by all associated with the Wild association has not gone unnoticed and is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for wearing your masks, keeping socially distant, practicing good hygiene and getting vaccinated. These efforts, we believe, have helped us to keep playing this season.
As you may have heard in the news, we have been asked by our Medical Officer of Health to reduce “sports contact”. In order for us to do that and to do our part as an organization to help reduce exposure in our community we want to remind all of our current COVID-19 protocols. We recommend the following:
- Members of the same household accompany players to practices and games.
- As per the Region of Waterloo Mask Bylaw, every person inside the facility must wear a face covering.
- Players, coaches and team staff: Masks are required in all areas of the facility, including the dressing room, up until you put your helmet on immediately before you are to enter the ice surface. Face coverings must immediately be put back on at the conclusion of your ice time.
- Team staff must wear face coverings on the bench during games.
- Team Staff and on ice helpers make every attempt to maintain distance when on the ice and/or giving instructions.
- Participants are asked to go directly to their assigned dressing rooms when they enter the arena.
- Please minimize time in the dressing rooms by coming to the arena dressed as much as possible and ready to play if possible.
- Spectators are asked to go directly to the arena viewing area rather than gather in the lobby.
- Maintain 2 meters physical distancing from all people other than those from your household (if possible).
- If you have a holiday team event planned, consider moving it to the New Year or doing something outside instead of in homes or at restaurants.
- Games and practices will continue at this time. However, this is an evolving situation and there may be rapid changes to the policy. If we receive a different direction from the Region of Waterloo Public Health, Woolwich Township, the OWHA or the Province of Ontario the directives will be communicated to all members of the association.
- If you are traveling outside Waterloo Region, Managers/Coaches please make sure that you check with the team you are playing regarding any changes to COVID-19 protocols in their area. Please be aware that some areas have cancelled games and/or practices.
What to do if there is a potential case or suspected exposure to COVID-19
- Parents/players, if you are informed by your school and/or Public Health that your child and/or family are required to self isolate due to close contact or a positive COVID test, please inform your coach or manager immediately so we can keep track of any cases. Please provide us with the information communicated by Public Health as it can differ depending on the specific situation.
- Coaches/Managers, you must immediately contact the COVID Response Team at [email protected] about any close contact or positive COVID test reported with the aim of determining next steps and communicating with the rest of the team.
- Please adhere to all health guidelines provided to you by Public Health.
Once again, the Board of Directors really appreciate all the support from the Woolwich Wild members and their families during this season; it has been a lot of fun so far! On behalf of the Board of Directors I would like to wish everyone a safe and enjoyable Holiday Season and look forward to continuing to play the game we love in the New Year!