OWHA Vaccine Policy - October 4, 2021 (with updates January 1, 2022)
On October 4, 2021 the OWHA released the details of its COVID 19 Vaccination Policy. The Policy can be read in full HERE.
The policy applies to the following Affected Persons:
- Vaccine-Eligible Players
- Team Officials
- Game Off-Ice and Officials
- Game On-Ice Officials
- OWHA Member Officials (local hockey association directors, officers, executive, Staff and Volunteers)
- OWHA Officials (directors, officers, Staff and Volunteers)
- Tournament staff and volunteers
- Instructors, supervisors, development providers and others involved either on or off-ice in any Sanctioned Activity
Children turning 12 years of age in 2022 have 12 weeks following their 12th birthday to become fully vaccinated in order to be permitted to participate in hockey and/or enter the arena. If your daughter will not meet this vaccination requirement, you can contact us to withdraw from hockey. Please contact our registrar at [email protected].
Exemptions must be requested from your Public Health Unit and, as of January 10th, individuals with a medical exemption must show a provincially issued exemption QR code for verification.
Effective Date of Policy:
Proof of two doses being completed will need to be provided on or before October 17, 2021. The two week waiting period will need to be completed prior to November 1, 2021.
- Proof of vaccination using the Government of Ontario enhanced vaccine certificate with QR code, AND
- Government identification (a picture or legible photocopy is acceptable).
NOTE: The OWHA reserves the right to perform spot checks to confirm the accuracy of an individual’s vaccination history and this may include an individual having to produce confirmation of being Fully Vaccinated.
As of October 17, 2021, any Affected Person who has not provided proof of their second vaccination or who has not been granted an accommodation by the OWHA, will no longer be eligible to participate in any Sanctioned Activities until such time as they have presented satisfactory evidence that they have been Fully Vaccinated (including the 14-day period after receiving their completed dose) or have been granted an accommodation by the OWHA.
Woolwich Wild details:
Proof of vaccination will be verified and recorded by a designated member of your team staff or a member of our Executive.
Questions can be directed to [email protected].
OWHA RETURN TO HOCKEY
Click here to see the OWHA's latest COVID Return to Play information.